#17 The Final Post of 2020
This is my last post of 2020. The year is almost over and it's been the most dramatic year of my entire life so far. Although I had big expectations at the beginning of this year, everything turned upside down over the last few months and some dramatic and unexpected things happened.
The Covid-19 pandemic and the lockdown that followed it which lasted for more than 8 months have stagnated the lives of billions around the world including mine. I had plans to complete my course and try for a better job and a couple of other things. But the biggest lesson that I have learned this year is that life is highly unpredictable and uncertain and that uncertainty is not always a bad thing. I have reasons to back that argument up.
Although the first couple of months of the lockdown were a complete mess, the months after that were really transformational and life-changing, for me! I discovered this incredible productivity tool called Notion and I built some cool systems in it to manage my life. Thanks to all the YouTube creators who introduced Notion to me and many others and taught me how to use it. I am so thankful to Ali Abdaal, Thomas Frank, August Bradley, and Marie Poulin for teaching me the tools in Notion. I don't know any of those people personally, but they are the ones who made a significant impact in my life this year.
Having a lot of free time made me contemplate a lot about my life. I read a few great books, learned a ton of new things, and I wrote a lot as well. All those things have helped me gain more mental clarity than ever before. I am sure that if 2020 went the way I thought it would, none of those valuable things have happened in my life. So I never consider 2020 to be a loss or disaster, it's been very beneficial and transformational for me in many ways that I don't know how to express in words.
I had set the goal of improving my writing skills. I never had any idea about where to start and I was clueless about the process of writing the last December. Even though I have not been able to improve my skills the way I wanted or expected, I have learned a lot of things about writing and communication this year. I am sure that all those things are on the path to compound and make me a capable writer like I want myself to be within the coming months and years.
I started out with a plan of writing and publishing two articles per week here in this blog at the end of last year and I'm not really guilty of the fact the I failed at that so bad. The reason why I am saying that I am not guilty is because that plan was a stupid plan for a beginner like me. I realized that later and I changed the plan.
Improving my writing skills is one of my main goals for 2021 as well and that will continue to be since this is not something that I can stop one day. Writing is a continuous process and it should go on as long as I breathe.
The major goal or aim that I have for 2021 is to become the person that I need to be to achieve the success that I want in my life in terms of finance, happiness, love, and peace. I don't know what 2021 has there for me, but I am confident and optimistic that everything will be great, no matter what!
Comments
Post a Comment