#2 How to become a good writer.
One of the goals that I have set to accomplish this year is to work on my writing skills and improve them by 100X. One of my favorite writers is James Clear who is the author of the book Atomic Habits. Although I have not read a lot of books, I have read some and his clear, concise writing with pinpoint accuracy towards the point and simplicity has attracted me deeply. The number one reason that I want to write well is that there are a lot of things that I have in my mind that I am struggling to deal with. There a lot of other people out there too who are going through the same. So, I want to communicate with them, connect with them, connect with more people, and impact both their and my life with the ideas and messages that we have. Communication is one of the foundations of modern civilization and the better you can communicate with others the better and less frictionless your life will be.
I had this idea about writing that I need to have a rich vocabulary and talent to write like a pro that the reader will love my writing. I thought that was the case with all the great writers. But I have learned that what separates the great writers from the mediocre is their ability to connect with their reader. There are many things that writers do that create a gap between them and their readers and there are many more simple things that any writer can do that can make them connect with their readers and really make them fall in love with their reading.
I was taking this course by Dr. Clare, a university professor in London, on Udemy on writing with confidence. Although I had this idea of her talking about the basic roadblocks that keep people stagnated from writing great, she actually taught a lot other high-level things in the course. I am not yet done with the course and I have not done any assignments given the course. Because I know I have to watch all those golden lessons one or more time and learn them thoroughly and then implement them in my writing.
I will write more about those things I learned and will be sharing here in the coming days and weeks.
Comments
Post a Comment